Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Is it too much to ask?

For some reason, the local Dairy Queen has been out of chocolate soft-serve ice cream this entire summer.  And of course, that is all Emma has had a taste for.

We walk in and ask "Do you have chocolate?" and they reply...."Nope."  No reasons. No excuses. No idea when it's gonna be fixed. The kid behind the counter just blankly stares as we whine and complain about the lack of chocolate ice cream. 

Joe and I went there a week or so ago and by pure luck, the chocolate was working!  We both got chocolate cones with sprinkles.  Of course, Emma just happened to be working late that night and was not with us for the ONE night they had chocolate.

Last night we took a ride over to the DQ.  Em asked the kid behind the counter as she usually does, "Do you have chocolate?"....and they DID.  Bingo!

And as we stood there waiting for our order and the store got more crowded.....

the kid yelled over to Emma, "Hey! Chocolate just broke.  Vanilla okay?" And the entire store turned to see Em's disappointed face as she agreed to the vanilla.

No. We want chocolate! arrrrggghhhhh.

12 comments:

Catherine said...

GAAAAKL! Vanilla? A poor substitute for chocolate. I would be finding myself a new ice cream establishment. LOL!
xo Catherine

Marg said...

Poor Emma, that stinks. No chocolate, who ever heard of that. Hope she gets some really soon.Enjoy your Tuesday.

Sharkbytes said...

That's really bad. You'd think they'd make it a priority. Of course, my recent experience at Staples where they did not care one little bit that I wanted to spend $200 there, but they couldn't accommodate me indicates that no one cares very much.

troutbirder said...

Being a vanilla fan I'd be ok with this but not the Mrs. Our local DQ provide free pup cups to our Lily and she's can only have vanilla too....:)

vanilla said...

. . . and I would be just as disappointed if the vanilla were broken. Go figure.

BeadedTail said...

Oh, that's awful to be so close and then be so disappointed! Is there another DQ in Weirdville? Hope she gets some chocolate ice cream soon!

Bossy Betty said...

Oh yeah. This lack of chocolate will not do! We understand the need.

Patty Woodland said...

Vanilla soft serve is a bit bland. I'd want a LOT of extra jimmies to deal

Secondary Roads said...

I like to go to the other place. You know the one. They have "Death by Chocolate." How can you go wrong with that?

Ann Thompson said...

Heck no vanilla is not ok. I can't believe the went all summer with no chocolate. Poor Em I feel her pain

Kathy said...

This happened to me a couple weeks ago. Couldn't get a vanilla/choc twist to save my life. I went without. I understand Emma's pain.

Veronica Lee said...

Poor Em! I'm ok with vanilla though.