Monday, July 28, 2014

Movie Review of "Lucy" by Emma (spoiler alert)

One of the perks of being 19 is that you may have friends who work at the local movie theaters and can get you in for free.  Em has been seeing a lot of movies this summer---some good, some not so good.  But she doesn't care when the price is right---free.

Em was on her way out the door to work this morning, but I asked her about the movie she saw last night right before she left.

Me:  What did you see last night, Em?

Em:  Lucy.

Me:  What???

Em:  Lucy. It's that movie about some girl....

Me:  Oh! I know! That's the one where she taps the full power of her brain. Right?

Em: Yep.

Me:  Was it good?

Em:  (rolls her eyes and keeps walking)  She explodes.



I just started laughing.  I'm not sure if that is a good review or a bad one. View at your own risk.


12 comments:

vanilla said...

More movie reviews should be that terse and to the point.

Petula Lloyd said...

Lol. Hmmm... Thanks for the warning. Imp wait until it's on Amazon prime or regular tv. :-D

I wonder where she gets that bluntness from. {giggling}

Secondary Roads said...

I saw a trailer. An interesting premise, but I've always loved the taste of sci-fi. And it has Morgan Freeman in the cast.

Marg said...

Oh well, I don't go to the movies anyway. But that is terrific that she gets to go free. Have a great day.

BeadedTail said...

Hmmm. Explodes huh? That'd kinda suck especially if the movie is named for her.

Ann Thompson said...

I think I'll just pass on that one

Ratty said...

I wish I knew someone who worked at a movie theater. I'd watch the good ones, the bad ones, and then the good ones again.

Sharkbytes said...

I heard it was stupid, but I probably wouldn't go anyway.

troutbirder said...

Nice review. And I'm wondering if you have any empathy for the millions of our major declining song bird numbers slaughtered by free roaming domestic and feral cats?

troutbirder said...

Nice review. And I'm wondering if you have any empathy for the millions of our major declining song bird numbers slaughtered by free roaming domestic and feral cats?

Patty Woodland said...

@troutbirder - I have four outdoor/indoor cats and I can assure you they eat mostly rodents.

This movie did not appeal to me in the least

Veronica Lee said...

I heard it's a Limitless rip-off. I shall wait for the bootleg copy to come out.