Monday, February 10, 2014

Yoooohoooo....




One department in our office is going through a period of transition and as they do, I find the door to their office permanently shut.  Whether it is because they are working extra hard..... or they find the rest of the office temperature too cold...... or maybe just not to their liking....I don't know.  The door is shut...all the time.

I don't let it stop me.  Nope. I've resorted to singing this to them through the closed door.  But, they don't find it funny for some reason.  I imagine them, inside the door, rolling their eyes and makin' "Lin's cuckoo" signs with their hands.

Whatever.

I'm thinking it's because they haven't seen the movie. Or they are just jealous of my lovely singing voice. 

Sigh.



14 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

You are so funny!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

I think the song is adorable and that that department needs to open their door and lighten the mood perhaps. xox

Marg said...

The song is wonderful but it is a sad story. I can just hear you singing that song outside your closed door. Too funny.

Alice Marie said...

You must have been a cat in a former life...they can't stand closed doors either!

vanilla said...

"Who knows what goes on
behind closed doors?"

Grace said...

I think it would be funny - once.

Secondary Roads said...

Midnight, one more night without sleepin'
Watchin', till the morning comes creepin'
Green door, what's that secret you're keepin'?

Saw an eyeball peepin' through a smokey cloud behind the green door
When I said Joe sent me someone laughed out loud behind the green door
AII I want to do is join the happy crowd behind the green door
Wish they'd let me in so I could find out what's behind the green door.

Sharkbytes said...

You are too funny. Wish we had someone that perky at work.

Patty Woodland said...

I think you should waft donut smells under the door. Then look innocent and say, "what donuts?"

Candy C. said...

You crack me up! Do you do the "Okay bye." part?

JODI said...

I'd sing with you! Mostly because when it is 65* (literally) in my office--I feel like I could build a snowman right at my desk.

Ann said...

You need to come work with me. I need someone fun around there.

Katnip Lounge said...

Maybe they've got earplugs in?

Marilynne Smith said...

I'd never heard this one. Sad, but sweet.