Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's almost better than Charlie Brown...

Aw, gees, it 's been one of those weeks--nothing is easy and anything that happens to land on my desk just sorta explodes.  I'm trying hard to excuse it all as the week before the holiday...but it's trying my patience.  Frustration is high and morale is low--in spite of the Gingerbread House Decorating Contest in the lunchroom.  Sigh.

I have been trying to watch holiday specials on TV each night, just to keep the feeling of the season in my heart, while trying to forget the stresses of the day.  While I post this each year around this time, I just think it captures the spirit of Christmas for me--a little reminder of the birth of Jesus, the joy of the season, and a wee bit of sweet mixed in.

I like Joseph's face upon hearing Mary's news, the second innkeeper, and the star--I love the star....



It gets harder, doesn't it, when your desk is piled high with work, to try to keep the meaning of the season in the forefront?  I hope this helps--it has certainly helped me.

12 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

This is a perfect spirit lifter. Such a sweet movie. :) Some of those innkeepers were sure snotty little folks. LOL

vanilla said...

It is hard to keep the focus, but you are a real trooper, making an honest effort. The video is now a part of my Christmas tradition. Thank you.

Secondary Roads said...

Thanks so much for making this delightful video part of our Christmas tradition.

Marg said...

That really is a great video. I love looking at stuff like that. The Christmas season can be so uplifting and good. Hope you can get through that darn work. Take care.

Bossy Betty said...

So sweet! Love this interpretation. I may just walk around with a pillow under my shirt all day. Keep on truckin' baby. Does that desk chair of yours spin around? If so, do it!

Karen and Gerard said...

I remember this from last year--very cute the way they tell the story! Love the sheep and shepherds following that star!

BeadedTail said...

Yes, it did help. I work for someone who never enjoyed Christmas and this is her first year without her mother who passed last January so her way of dealing with it is to try to make everyone else as miserable as she is. I'm trying to not let it get to me but it's not so easy especially when she wants me to work on Monday. *sigh*

Patty Woodland said...

Get a goat.
That's my answer. When they are not pummeling you in the barn they are generally good for smiles and laughter.

Candy C. said...

Oh my word, that was so sweet! I loved the littlest King and the sheepies!! :)

Ann said...

oh that is just too cute. Tomorrow and Monday are going to be killers so I'll try and think of this through the day to keep me going :)

Lin said...

Diane--Well, it was in the middle of the night when they rolled in on a donkey.....

Vanilla--I happen to like this one tradition. I'm glad you like it too.

Chuck--Thanks for liking it with me. :)

Marg--I am looking forward to a few days off during the holiday to catch up with my blog friends and post some photos from under the tree. I'm too tired right now. I'm glad you liked the video too.

Betty--My chair is spinning, my head is spinning, my stomach is spinning....I just need to take a few days off for Christmas. Ugh. I'm glad you liked this video.

Karen--I like the star--it's my favorite. :)

Beaded Tail--Ugh. Don't let her get you down, Sharla. We all have losses or things that can make us all sad/crabby, but we can't let it ruin our Christmas. I'm working a bit on Monday too--lots to do this week. Let's just keep smiling, okay?! :) It's the best get-even!

Patty--Oh, especially baby goats with all that jumping around they do!! I imagine you have lots of fun with them. :)

Candy--I like the voices of the kids telling the story....sooo sweet! I post this every year now because I love this version.

Ann--If it is any consolation, I'm in the same busy boat as you. I'm tired and discouraged, but I don't want to let it beat me. I'm gonna rest this weekend and get that camera down under the tree for some laughs. :) Hang in there, pally!

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

Well done!