Pardon me for the brain dump, but I've got a few wee tales to share--none of which is enough material for an entire post:
- I've got a swimming bud at the pool now--Mary is her name. We both like to swim laps and we hate the walkers in the swimming lanes. She is a little older than me and dang, if she isn't buff. I don't like that part of Mary--she makes me feel like a tubby. Or she inspires me. I can't decide which.
- The snail population in the pond was insane last year. I'm not sure what that was all about, but because the winter was so mild, we have a cabillion snails this year too. I like the little ones--they are the size of a pencil eraser. Trapdoor snails give live birth--isn't that cool? While I like that, I'm really hoping they slow down on the snail love this year. They are coming close to that wacky dame on TV--you know--the 1000 Kids and Counting Even Though I'm Like a Hundred Years Old Show.
- I've spotted 3 frogs as of yesterday. I think they are hiding out until the tough guy frog is done beating everyone up. I need to find the little guy--then I can feel better. I worry about the frogs, you know.
- I'm eyeing an artificial heron for the pond this year. They say they are solitary creatures and the statue will keep away intruders--IF you move them around. Great. Now I will have a new pastime--moving the fake heron. Well....it beats the coyote pee theory for the raccoons.
- I'm not a big one for putting out holiday decorations around the house. In fact, it all makes me pretty crabby. But I broke down and put out a new table runner and some bunnies around the house for Easter this past weekend. Not an hour later, Joe proceeded to drip butter and dump the chick pepper-shaker on the new runner--staining it forever. Sigh. Ask me again why I don't like to put this crap out.
- I forgot to pack underwear in my pool bag yesterday, which left me scrambling after my shower at the gym. Do I put on my wet suit and put my clothes on over it or do I go commando? I'll leave you wonderin'....