There are very specific sounds that I don't hear the rest of the year--sounds that just scream "Spring" to me:
- Red-wing blackbirds singing --they are the true sign of Spring. Forget those robins.
- Small-engine airplanes buzzin' the sky on a clear, cool Spring day (Why don't I hear these any other time of the year?)
- Lawn mowers and weed-whackers....back in action
- The water sounds of the pond
- Frogs croakin'--calling the gals
- Traffic sounds at night when you are falling asleep. (Traffic is there all year, why don't I hear it?)
- Dogs barking--I don't miss this in the winter when my windows are closed
- People traffic in the 'hood--kids on bikes riding by, folks on their cell phones, people walking by the house
- Robins at dusk or early morning--Dang, these birdies love to sing at the oddest of times, don't they?
Don't know what I'm talking about? Open your window or go outside and sit a spell. Just still yourself.....and listen. Listen to the world whispering that it is awake again.