So, lots has happened--too much so to blog about it constantly, so I just gave it up and waited for it all to pass. Here's the update at the Duck and Wheel--not that you all care, it's just that I need to dump this all into the universe to make the snow in my personal snowglobe settle.
- Went to move Col into his dorm room on Friday, only to find his name tag missing, replaced by some other kid's name. I caught this immediately, although the boys were sort of comatose on this hint that something was awry. Sure enough--Colin's freshman roommate found a friend at soccer practice and the two knuckleheads decided to move Colin to the other side of the dorm. Yeah/no. Being that Colin is a Sophomore, requested that particular room, AND you can't just make your own room assignments, we had to have Housing intervene. Yeah--made for a really long day while they pushed this kids crap to one side of the room so we could unpack. Col said things worked out, but I'm sure there is some roommate switchin' that is gonna happen.
- Sammy the Weiner Dog is aging, and apparently with age, homeboy has a wee anxiety problem. Yeah, he ate through a rug, part of my door frame, AND a seat belt of my car. I am not happy. Sammy's visiting days may be over--sad as that may be. Hobbes is not as sad about this as the rest of us.
- One of my frogs attempted to eat a hummingbird. After I foiled that attempt, he packed it up and left. I'm down to 2 frogs. Whatever.
- Mr. Cuddles is freaking HUGE. What is with that pond that makes my fish extra large?
- The snail count is CRAZY! I'm not sure what is with the snails (well, I do, but I don't want to comment on that.), but we have like a cabillion snails all over the pond. I'm thinking this was the summer of love for snails.
- Band Parent Bonfire is next weekend--we spent the day yesterday pimping the lawn. Not that it needed it--it's like carpeting this year with the rain we've had recently. I'm gonna make everyone take their shoes off when they get here.
- I actually talked to a neighbor on Saturday, which went against my "Just say 'hi' and move on" rule. Sometimes I'm nice like that--but not too often.
- Oh, it's my birthday today. I think I'm 48--I dunno, I can't remember.