The Feds made a raid on our village hall today to check the records on water usage and knowledge of contamination. Our former mayor is hiding out in Florida while his son is left holding the bag. He's not innocent himself, of course, because he served as a trustee in all those let's-poison-the-little-people years. It's funny/not-so-funny to watch them dance now. Television cameras and reporters were camped out today and it is on all the news. I'll bet we even made national news. Go Weirdville!
I'm absolutely swamped at work and I'm forced to work a 5-day week. It's downright exhausting and I'm always amazed at moms who do this regularly. Work sucks--it just gets in the way of all the stuff I want to do. Who thought of this working stuff anyway?
I've been handed this meme this week. (Thanks, Lola) Like I don't have enough to do. Joe is better tonight--thank GOD! I don't think I could have handled another night of making lunches, that ranks right up there with working.
Here goes. I'm not tagging anyone, so if you want to do this one, jump in.
8 things I'm looking forward to:
- VACATION! I miss my Cumberland Falls family.
- Warmer weather. Not hot, just warm.
- Marching band season
- lying by the pool with a good book while on vacation
- having both kids in high school this year
- getting out of Thugs-R-Us Middle School
- Not having to drop EC cards anymore
- Having free time to write, post, and visit fav blogs
8 things I did yesterday:
- Get annoyed with Whine Flu paranoia
- Where do I begin with Joe and his major back injury
- stopped at a knitting shop and bought yarn for a sweater
- kissed the cats
- bought a microwave oven without really looking at it
- 4 loads of laundry
- drove Em to school because the bus passed us by
8 things I wish I could do:
- Quit cursing
- lose some weight--like 10 or 15 pounds
- quit biting my nails
- publish a book
- relax in the evenings
- make the world better for my kids
- have a lemon drop martini
- keep that warm feeling from Cumberland Falls in my heart all year
8 shows I watch:
- Amazing Race
- Project Runway
- Flipping Out with Jeff Lewis (I heart him!)
- Top Chef
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Hell's Kitchen (Gordon Ramsay swears more than me!!)
I guess I enjoy "reality" TV, eh?
Hey, did anyone catch the theme of "Smoking Jackets" popping up on certain blogs yesterday?? Like, say, on 5 certain Chicago area blogs???