I took my dog pally out last night and we hiked the 'hood. Sheesh, that dog walks slow and he's gotta smell everything. Who knew there were such great things going on in the ground every 3 feet? So, being that I had lots of time to think while Sniffy McPeester was doing his thing, I made a mental list of the Top Ten Reasons to Dog-Sit a Weiner Dog. They are:
- He barks back at Yip Yap the Non-Stop Barking Dog - It's my annual get-even with the jerks next door who let their dog bark incessantly. I let Sammy go over there for a Bark Fest, which FINALLY gets them annoyed enough to call Yip Yap in. The kid actually had the nerve to come out last year and tell Sammy to be quiet. Really.
- My spelling is getting a workout - words like W-A-L-K, R-I-D-E, and T-R-E-A-T cannot be mentioned without a certain somebody getting all freaky. It's best to avoid these words unless you are including the dog in those activities.
- Walks, every night! - Sammy is forcing me to get some exercise--albeit, very slow exercise. He has short legs, you know.
- He entertains the cats - The kitties are jumping on furniture and countertops to tease the poor thing.
- Every night is like having a pajama party - That bed is loaded with bodies--cats, dogs, people, snoring husbands....
- Someone thinks I'm great - The dog follows me EVERYWHERE. Which is great until around Day 6. Then, not so great.
- People actually yell "Hey! Look at the Weiner Dog!"
- It makes me grateful that I don't have to clean up poo in the yard ALL the time!
- I get my dog "fix" and then he goes home - He's cute with absolutely no responsibility or vet bills. Plus, no writer's block when you add a dog to the mix!
10. It's just so darned fun to say "Weiner Dog"!